What is the SJDB Voucher?
The Suplemental Job Displacement Benefit or SJDB is a voucher issued by the insurance company for the purpose of obtaining
further job training, education, and skill enhancement, among other benefits!
How do I qualify?
You are entitled to obtain the SJDB Voucher if:
- You have been deemed permanently and stationary, or permanently disabled between 1% and 99%.
- You were not offered a job from your employer within 60 days of being P&S’d (permanent and stationary).
So, what is my next step?
Contact your counselor at SJDB Advocates to begin your journey!
What benefits can I recieve?
If your injury occured
before January 1, 2013, your benefits would depend on the percentage of disability:
- $4,000 - 1% to 14%
- $8,000 - 26% to 49%
- $6,000 - 15% to 25%
- $10,000 - 50% to 99%
If your injury occured
after January 1, 2013
, you may be entitled to the following benefits:
- $500 For Personal Expenses
- $1,000 Reimbursement for Equipment
- $5,000 Return to Work Supplemental Fund*
* The Return to Work Supplemental Fund is a state benefit.
The Job Training Possibilities are Extensive!
Building and Electrical
Why Choose SJDB Advocates?
- Obtain one-on-one consultations with your counselor. We will come to you!
- Your counselor will assist in obtaining additional funds that may supplement part of your tuition, i.e.
grants, scholarships, financial aid, etc.
- Together, you will create a customized rehabilitation plan that caters to your goals, your dreams, your
needs and the needs of your family.
- Obtain an education, skill and career analysis.
- Your counselor will give you the knowledge you need to make the decisions that will shape the rest of
- As your advocates, we provide full support to you along with your attorney’s office to obtain all your benefits such as the RTWSF and any required voucher forms.
- We offer vocational rehabilitation counseling in your language.
- Your counselor counts on valuable resources and partnerships such as Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- The Advocates proudly serve our undocumented community
- The Advocates proudly serve all of California
Contact Us Today to Schedule an Appointment
(800) 714 0560
San Diego Corporate Office:
2831 Camino Del Rio South, Ste. 311
San Diego, CA 92108
- Orange County
- Santa Ana
- Los Angeles
- Long Beach
- San Jose
- San Francisco